Sunday, February 28, 2010

The 1st Blog

It took me 2 seconds to get the title, it’s taken another 200 to start the actual blog . This isn’t something I’ve planned to do for a long time ,it’s just one of those spur of the moment things and I hope it’ll turn outs well. Over the next few weeks I’ll be posting a few memories of the old-you know those things that you remind yourself of from time to time and it brings a smile to your face like the first grade fall that you had,the sixth grade footballing win, the eight grade crush etc etc…I just thought of putting those memories down in writing just for the fun of it.Now please don’t expect any fancy words or those useless parts of speech that you have to study -(God(and S.T.Coleridge) only knows why .These are just my memories the things that have made my life special for the past 17 years.

Oh and ya before I go any further, for those of you who don’t know who I am(the lucky ones –tats wat my friends call them)My name is Adarsh Unny and I’ll be turning 18 this august.Right now I live in Coimbatore –that’s where I’ve been for the past two years.I spent the first 15 years of my life in the United Arab Emirates-Sharjah to be precise,which I will always remember as My home!.

Right lets get it started shall we?..the earliest memory that I have locked up somewhere up there is that of play school –White House play school was the name(..i think).it was building number 4 in the municipality buildings in abu shagara -my building was number 5!...so u could see my house from the window of the play school…I don’t particularly remember making any friends there although there was this one kid who was ehm how do you put it ….well he was huge!!!...and the both of us used to play with those building block kinda things which by the way is still fun !!lol…apart from the building block memory the only other thing that I remember was looking through the window to see my dad when he used to come out on the balcony!...he was huge too!or maybe it was cause I was really small….anyways I spent a year there before joining gulf rose nursery which was a part of the Sharjah Indian School.Trust me I was really exicted about the first day…I have a brother Ashwin who is 5 years elder and I remember looking at him in awe when he used to put on that white and grey uniform along with the elastic grey tie …so putting on a uniform and going to school was like the ultimate fantasy then!.Having said that my mom tells me the first day of school dint go quite well for me..apparently I cried the whole day!.so much for living the ultimate fantasy huh?...anyways i don’t remember much of L.K.G apart from the slide and merry go round outside the classroom oh and ya those cartoons they used to show you in the tv room!...U.K.G was more fun though!We had this gang –the four of us Sujit,Shenoy Me and Shashank .Boy did we have fun then!..We were like four of the coolest dudes in U.KG.!!lol….anyways there was this one fair girl in our class..ok fair is actually an understatement she was white!!!...and her name was Rose and true to her name she used to turn red whenever she cried and it was really funny to watch…yes we were mean so?...lol…anyways we used to trip her every time she walked up and down the class so that she would fall cry and turn red!Not very nice I know so Rose if you are reading this sorry for everythin!hee hee….anways apart from that I remember the annual day programme where we had to wear this ridiculous bow tie kinda thing and a white shirt and black pant and we had to sing Mary and the little lamb!I have photos of that event that’s why I remember the dress so well !..oh and ya I almost got married in U.K.G …no no I have not gone crazy halfway through my blog –there was this girl who I have no memory of ,who went and told her mom that she wanted to get married to me and her mom told my mom and this whole episode was something that was used to make dull conversations more interesting whenever someone came over for many years to come ...tats why I still remember it .If there was silence when guests came over for like 2 mins or so my mom would be like “Adu has a girlfriend you know!”…how rude right?

Anyways having survived one marriage I made my way into the first grade where I had the best class teacher ever –Anita mam !She was just amazing ,I don’t even remember what she used to teach but she was simply the best.The first grade was pretty cool too .No more funny looking tight shorts,no more girls cause I shifted to the afternoon session…(well it was a good thing then you know …I was young and stupid!)…anyways I was a bit of a show off back then not that I’ve changed much now…I used to attempt daring one handed jumps off the slide onto the merry go round and when it went wrong I used to act like I just had a complex fracture or something and all the guys would be like “Wow he’s kool”..or maybe they where thinking “Wow he’s dumb” .Anyways I guess that’s when the books and the homework and everythin else associated with school life actually began!.And boy what a school life it turned out to be.

Anyways that’s all for this First Blog.To the the very few of you who actually read this far hope you enjoyed it!

And the 2nd blog should be out in a couple of days.Till then –Goodbye and Goodluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment