Sunday, February 28, 2010

The 8th Minute

It’s been 5 months and 16 days since my last blog and I felt it was about time I got back to writing:-).I’m actually supposed to be working on a blog for a cultural education assignment(oh yes we actually have a 2 credit course on cultural education –Welcome to Amrita-where shit happens…always :P ) but instead decided to bring back some more old memoirs of mine :D.The past few weeks have been hectic to say the least(apart from the usual “having to wake up at 8:18 to make it in time to leave the hostel by 8:37 so that I can make it into class by 8:44 :D,the football matches with the seniors where I never get to score goals cause the Amrita football team has some God damn good defenders(one day I will make it through Vinayetta(one of our few non-ragging and actually friendly seniors,also the captain of our football team)…mark my words:p,having to sit through consecutive periods of maths(where the sir is too busy admiring his math solving skill on the board to actually teach us something) followed by a period of electronics(where I’m too busy admiring my doodles on my multisubject book(one book for all subjects-less weight to carry ,even lesser to write:D)to actually listen to her,the game of catch me if you can with the seniors which more often than not ends up with me losing unfortunately :-(,and of course having to survive the mess idlis(G.d school pongal –you got competition:-)).Actually the past few weeks have been special(If the person reading this knows she is the reason for this-stop smiling-your parents must be thinking you’ve gone crazy or something :D).And as for special it brings by many memories of my school life in sharjah of course no more than my last 2 years there .

The start of the 9th grade was a turning point in my life.Thanks to msn (yes the thing we used to chat on before facebook was invented-where we used to get exicted at the sight of one friend online or 1 new mail message)(Its been around a year since I’ve last chatted ol and presently I have 8006 new messages-damn you fb:P)I actually began chatting to girls(no it was different from my imaginary conversations with pretty girls (wait you weren’t supposed to know that :P)these were actual one on one(sometimes more-Gob bless group convos where you can take time to think of something funny:-)) convos where we had a list of usual questions we ask so as to ensure we don’t end up having nothing left to say and the person had to leave(which happened a lot those days—the girls still leave these days but I think that’s cause I don’t stop talking now:P).Anyways flirting was something new and almost like rocket science back then (still is now –that’s a another matter)anyways it was around that team I received this mail from a certain koolteen_me(email id changed to protect concerned person-just kiddin-you actually think im that stupid?)..anyways it was a pretty cute mail and I was certain it was from this girl who I had a small/medium crush on(I really didn’t have anything to compare it with until recently so it was always small/medium)and I was actually funny when I replied to it(that was probably the time I started to use random brackets in between what I write which get really annoying I know but I just cant stop doing it ;-)).Anyways back to the emailing –which slowly evolved to the next step-Real time chatting(which was as big a leap from the 5th to the 6th where we learned swearing was actually cool).Anyways she and i(is that grammatically incorrect?Roo if you reading help me out here:P)had these long conversations everyday between 8 and 845 which was my stipulated time for computer usage as per guidelines set by my Dad.As the days went on things got interesting –(the period of time where both of them no they like each other but neither of them wants to sound stupid or be rejected).As for my friends (yes you shal and nav,and you too rahul sooraj and somu !) they never stopped pulling my leg and I would act all pissed(but was actually secretly proud cause I was being teased with a pretty girl:-)).Anways back to Msn it was getting perilously (Thank you Ms word for spelling that correctly) close to V-day(ah yes I can sense you guys shuddering!:P)and it was about time someone made a move .Her sister knew,My brother knew (Unfortunately they knew each other –which made things a wee bit confusing to say the least)but we still didn’t tell each other.

Feb 14th 8-44 pm-I had been sitting online for the past 45 mins and she still hadn’t come online and it was about time I left but something in the back of head told me to stay online(I get that feeling always-maybe it’s cause of the numerous head injuries I had as a child (most of you girls must know be saying-Oh that explains everything :P)anways on a more serious note –I actually had more stiches on my head than the entire United football team(bunch of losers)-I even had a nail go into my head-don’t ask me how…it just happened)…Anyways it was 45 mins past 8 and there I was going through Hi-5(now they must be jealous of fb) waiting and watching and 8th minutes later she was ol!.And she asked me something I will never forget for the rest of my life and I said yes.:-).Of course the msn emoctions helped me lot there –I didnt know what to say;-)..(Thank you Mr Bill Gates).And there I was jumping around up and down the room(Mom thought Chelsea had won a game or something) .Somu was the first one to know;-) and he was as surprised as I was :-)..and She and I had set up our first date(*statutory warning-not be done unless you’ve had previous experience (which is not possible on a first ever date I know but still :-)).Mega Mall(where else:-))—3 :00 pm top floor!.I have no idea how I made trough class that when all I could think of was what the hell am I supposed to do after getting there.Finally I made it home and after trying out three different pairs of clothes(yes boys do that too) I finally zeroed in on the perfect dress(or the least worst one whichever way you look at it:-)).After which I decided to dump atleast 100 ml of my dad’s perfume on me(told dad the rest evaporated when I left the cap open:-)) and left like a man on a mission brimming with confidence and packets of double mint chewing guide(yes I did go through the idiots guide to dating in case you thought all this was clichéd ) and I reached there with 10mins to spare telling myself bring it on!!!..and then she walked in and I could see her climbing the escalators in slow motion(well not as slow as the scene where Jaya bachan senses her son SRK (waiting to see My name is Khan !!) is in the shopping mall in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham) well it was a whole new experience (she looked gorgeous (she might disagree )…and I did the one thing that came to my mind(no I did not bend on one knee and tell her something cute-who I am some bollywood hero?)-I ran!...all the way to end of the foodcourt!I didn’t know what else to do-what was I supposed to say first?.Anways after ten minutes of hiding in the Brown ship next to the mega mall food court(miss the fishes in the roof:-() I finally came back to my senses and decided to go back .And met with her and her sister who came to drop her off and then left(after buying us a chocolate pie from Mc Donalds--Thank you divz:-)).And there I was sitting three hand lengths apart(:D-hand lengths is the unit i used to measure distance between the both of us and my favourite value was 0 hl :P) pretending to eat the the pie like it was my first meal in days(cause I forget all the convo starters I had written down and studied !so much for getting first in the 9th-you never remember the important things in life :-@).Anyways after what seemed like eternity we finally decided to take a walk around the mall(boy she walked fast ).And if things couldn’t get even worse Su was on his first date too(so there we were Su and his girl in one corner ,Me and her in the other and the guys in between smirking away to glory).After our fifth round around the same floor(I got so bored of the random occasional convos I started memorizing the shops in order-Pierre cardin after Jennifer :P) which was apparently us walkin 5 feet away from each other according to the guys who were having fun spying on us from the floor above :-@!.And finally it was time to leave and I decided to walk her back home.Around 20 m away from her house she asked to me to move ahead cause her parents could see us through the window if they were looking and there I was looking back at her as I walked off (without even a proper bye) and the moment I crossed her building I stopped –turned around and she was gone –And that was when it hit me ....I missed her already...I missed avoiding the eye contact..I missed the one mile separation....I missed everything.......And guess what I had fallen in love.

Over the course of the next few months I enjoyed every single moment I spent with her,holding her hands,passing the same shops over and over again,running away when we saw some her friends from schoo in M2l,spending time in the parking lot next to mega mall ,spending a few extra minutes with her before having to run faster than bolt so that I made it home in time for my 9:00 pm curfew and so on.My relationship with her was special till the day we finally decided it wasn’t working anymore and there I was –broken.But like they say when something special ends its just cause something even more special is about to begin.And boy was it true in my case or what .Fb asks me whats on my mind –and all I can say is her!I’ve fallen in love again and it’s a feeling I’ve missed...Here’s to hoping what we have now lasts for ever.<3.Its 10 36 pm and Moms made chicken(scarcely available in Amrita territory).So Goodnight and Goodluck™

P.s-Dedicated to the wonderful people at Airtel who came up with the Night plan and her.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment