Sunday, February 28, 2010

The 7th Tent

Yes I know the title makes no sense but I’m running out of ideas for titles with numbers in them!Anyways after watching Australia getting knocked out of the ICC World T20()its back to the blogging board for me !The 7th grade much like the 6th grade was all about the scouts for me!But I did have some fun in class as well!Especially the football games we used to have among ourselves !I remember organizing this tournament among the four houses in the class .We all collected money to buy the trophies (They ran out of football trophies at the shop so the winning captain (me) got a trophy with a man playing basketball on it) that we presented ourselves with(boy till when were we so lame?)!!!The team that I was in ended up winning which wasn’t that surprising(We cheated !)..but that was nothing new so there I was holding up the basketball trophy for winning a football game proudly!!lol

Apart from the football matches the 7th grade wasn’t the greatest in terms of fun.Having Haneef sir as our math sir didn’t help .Boy was he a pain in the ass or what!The guy has the biggest attitude problem ever!(He didn’t like me that much so that didn’t help either).He could pretty much ruin the whole day for you if he is in the mood for it.Apart from his classes the rest of the teachers were comparatively better!But school was still boring and I remember telling Mom one day that I needed a break from the hectic school life(ya right…there was cricket match going on that day-India vs Aus)(Australia won that match btw!)Yay!....anways I took the day off to watch the match and guess what happens!Someone starts a fire in the school on the first floor and apparently the fire engine had to come over and put out the flames and all that drama had to happen the one day I miss school!I also remember this one P.t class (ya the one in which we had to do those ridiculous exercises in the white clothes )in which six seven of us decided not to go for class!So we hid in the classroom and removed the handle of the door on the outside so that the door could only be opened from the inside!!The plan worked for the whole of 5 mins ..apparently someone went and told Sharafuddin(yes him again) that we were hiding inside the classroom and he came over to check!I remember im staring at me through the small window in the door(he couldn’t open it remember) until someone had the courage to go open the door (wonder who it was) and he barged in waving his cane around like a madman.We ran!(not just ran ..had it been clocked we would probably have broken the records).Luckily Sharafuddin left it at that and that was the last time we ever tried bunking a P.T period!Oh and ya the 7th grade was the first time I tried shaving–I ended up with a couple of cuts on my upper lips and looked like an idiot!(people around me used worse words to describe it )

Back to the scouts-Being Assistant Troop Leader(yes the Ass-istant troop leader (for all you immature idiots who are still giggling)chuckle*….was really awesome.I got to show off a lot more than usual(not that I needed any invitation) plus I got to speak to the girls more(by got to speak I mean stare and mumble gibberish until they left).Anyways the first major event I had after being part of the quarter patrol(the one with all the leaders) was the picnic to Al Ain I think it was.It was the hottest day possible and apparently Kiri forgot to load onto to the bus the drinking water (he blamed it on us as usual) and we were dying of thirst .But even that couldn’t stop our Operation Itch*(trust me it gets worse..the names just the beginning).Abith (my troop leader)had brought along this packet which contained itching powder and we were busy trying to get it near the girls picnic spot where all the mats where!.After great planning and 4 failed attempts we finally got some sprinkled all over the mats .Amazingly none of the girls sat down on the mat except for one!Well wasn’t a girl –It was our Arch Enemy(and Kiri’s “Best” Friend )Malhotra!!!(Guides Mistress).Unfortunately the powder never worked.Pity that!..Anyways apart from that the picnic sucked(as usual) and the next big scouting event I was looking forward to was the camp that was to be held in December.And it turned out to be a blast!Being part of the Head Quarters tent gang in itself was amazing!!!(it was the closest guys tent to the girls tents .the 7th tent in fact..oh wait the title makes sence now!.)lol.We had a lot to do this time around!Although I wasn’t much of a hard worker..I still remember Ehsan would be busy doing the lashings on the sticks and I would be sitting aimlessly and when Kiri turned up I’d pretend to tie the knots just to keep him off my case!I guess it was around this time the “Gang” was slowly being formed-Ace,Shal,Somu,Naveen Sooraj ,Rahul and all!Boy it was great fun back then!.I mean we had the time of our!Getting teased with every other girl,Cracking silly jokes and getting the look,Almost losing the tug of wars competition to the “girls”(the entire conductor and driver contingent were on their team),Not having to worry about the work cause we weren’t the seniors yet!The 2nd Camp was great fun!Oh and ya it was also the first time I saw her*:-D

Till the 8th grade blog-GoodBye and GoodLuck™!

*sorry for making it like one of those serials where the story keeps dragging on and on and they come up with this attempted suspense to keep viewer engaged!(I am only 18 not 80 –at this rate the blogging thing will end in a week-so I have to drag it along a bit):-D

No comments:

Post a Comment