Sunday, February 28, 2010

The 2nd Innings

It’s me again!(was it just me or did the computer boo when I typed that).Anyways here I go again with what has turned out to be quite an interesting job-blogging!.I think I’m getting good at this(Move over Big B and Aamir Khan).Lol .Before I get started I must thank all of you who read the first one. I hope you liked it more than my neighbour who fell asleep before he even read the introduction. I think he was trying to get me to pay him to review my blogs.

Anyways I guess I stopped with the first grade the last time right?. I must have slept a lot in the 2nd grade classroom cause I have no memory of the 2nd grade except for the game that revolutionized modern day kids games –Odd or Even(also known as Hand Cricket)!!!!..you know that game where you play cricket with your fingers .Sounds weird but it was pretty much the craze back then !.And I remember organizing a Hand Cricket world cup during English period and Vijala mam the English teacher (she always had the same “I don’t know why I am doing this look” on her face )sent me to Nada’s office and I got the usual 2 cane dosage on the lower extremities(read-whacked on butt).Oh ya btw Nada is Mr.Radhakrishnan -who currently is the junior principal or something of that sort and used to be the Head Master of S.I.S.I have no clue why he is called so ..even my parents refer to him as Nada. Anyways that was the end of the Hand Cricket World cup!.

I guess it was between the second and third grade when we went to Oman.My parents friends-my uncles and aunts ,went on a two day trip I think it was to Muscat.If I remember correctly we took a van like thing to make it there.Now this was during the month of Ramadan where you aren’t supposed to eat outside and our parents (“Our” included Gokul(Nadu) ,Roshan and Me”)kept reminding us not to eat anything and throw the wrappers out and all that.Oh and ya individually each of us were extremely naughty so when we got together it was our parents worst possible nightmare especially when they have to sit with us in a not so large van for 8 hours!.The three of us had our own little world pretty much oblivious to the surroundings!So there we were sitting in the back seat chattering away to glory,pretending to be in a race with the other cars on road (which we lost everytime cause the driver was slower than Rajni’s action scenes),eating chips etc etc.So when lunch time arrived we had to eat in the van itself since we couldn’t eat outside.Lunch on such trips were pretty much the same every single time–curd rice with pickle that you had to eat on a plastic plate with a plastic spoon and this time it was no different.So there we were sitting in the back with the plastic plates on our laps busy eating.We were quite hungry after all the pretend racing.That was when we saw this police sedan right on our tail from the window at the back and guess wat did ?.We happily turned around facing the cop staring at him while continuing to eat the curd rice!It’s a good thing he didn’t see us !.Anyways we made to Muscat that night all in one piece and stayed at a relatives place.The next day we went sight seeing –me with a ridiculous red Mickey mouse sun glass (photos show how ugly they actually are) and then went on this boating trip!.This Speed boat driver (he was fast) took us to an island off the coast and he left us there for a couple of hours after which he came and picked us up.This island was absolutely brilliant.There wasn’t a single tourist apart from us and we had a ball playin in the beach that was like exclusively for us .We also had a cricket which as usual produce more injuries than wickets our parents pretending to be jonty rhodes on the field.Great fun watching though! Lol.And that was that .The next day we went back home .The return trip wasn’t that great!We were all so tired!And the stale curd rice dint help!.But we made it home safe and sound.

After Muscat it was back to school for me!3rd grade was pretty exicting especially the hindi periods.Kamalhasan sir used to be my hindi teacher and he had this thing where the person who finishes writing whats on board first gets to monitor the rest of the class and I pretty much used to win that race all the time and I guess that screwed up my handwriting for the rest of my life !Anyways KamalHasan sir had these weird punishments where he would refer to beatings as chocolates-milky bars to be exact!I still remember the whole class used to gasp in horror when he would go”I think you all need a few milky bars”.Lame I know!.Apart from that the third grade had little drama other than the occasional visit to Nada for the worst possible reasons including shouting the prayer out too loud, talking about the video game claw(what an amazing game it was!) in class etc etc.The third grade was also the place where I had my first real fight!..actually I pushed this guy (big guy) and he pushed me back stronger and I hit the board and my lip started bleeding.Not much of a fight I know !.So I had to go to the nurse who put this purple colour paste on the lip to make it stop bleeding.Now I didn’t want my parents to know I had a fight(ok ok I’ll stop calling it a fight) so I tried wiping off the purple lip stick! It ended up lookin ten times worse and it didn’t matter anyway cause the school called up home and told my parents what happened which made my silly excuses for why I have purple lip stick on look even worse!.Before you knew it 3rd grade also came to an end!

The 4th grade was one of my top 2 classes of all time in terms of the fun I had .And there are a lot of good memories that I have of the 4th grade! So till I put them down in writing-Goodbye and Goodluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment